Circle Plantagenet Full Circle
track by track guide:-
- MELTDOWN – a reflection on the `merchant bankers’ and financial systems that have contributed to the economic crisis, (2009).
- DURHAM VALLEY PILGRIMAGE – inspired by Ken’s first sight of the beautiful view at Durham central rail station, on a journey of courtship,(c1966). *Jimi Hendrix apparently drew inspiration later from the same view to write `Stone Free’ – `every day in the week another city to tour’ etc.
- NOR THE MOON BY NIGHT – problems when a man falls for a vampire living in an abandoned underground station! Tuneful engaging tale; - amusing but potentially fatal. Don’t do it –even in your dreams! (2009).
- GOING TO CHICAGO – on one man’s determination to move from the privations of the cotton fields of the American south to the opportunities of the big city in the 1930s; rather brutishly leaving his love behind…`nothing in Chicago that a woman like you can do!’ (1966).
- IN THE MORNING – a bonded worker in old Spain falls for the Don’s daughter who rides across the estate in Granada. All he can do is… `look at my workers’ hands and curse my fate for what I have become’. Unrequited love! (1968).
- WE RAN IN THE FIELDS –love gone wrong again and time to move on, (2009).
- DOWNLOAD SITE BLUES –blues format to a contemporary theme; the perils and pitfalls of online surfing for relationships and bank balance! (2008).
- MELODY MAN – the tale of a talented minstrel still entertaining friends and strangers alike well into his dotage. Happiest when`…the people there request him all the songs they think are best – he’s so glad the songs he’s written are the songs they choose’, (c1966).
- WHEN SHADOWS FALL – `and the sandman comes to call’. Melancholic musings of a smitten man; emotions tottering in the twilight. (2009).
- NATAL BLUES – a reflective, tongue in cheek look at the evolution from hedonistic `singledom’ to the responsibilities of parenthood, (2008).
- ROUGH HOUSE RITA – A rugby song! `....but appearances aren’t always what they seem!’. The captain of the local women’s team (and she’s Spanish) tackles somebody into touch and bowls over a passing marathon runner. (2009).
- AHEAD OF MY TIME – basically relates the story of the Circle Plantagenet from the mid 60s onwards. (gestation c1966 -`full termed’2009).